Sunday 13th November
In my last blog I mentioned that I was not aware of what an
artistic barista was and I forgot to include a picture of my flat white. I would like to know how long it took to do.
 |
| Barista Art |
Anyway about today.
Deb and I drove into the city today to have a look around and to get a tram
down to Glenelg. I reckon Glenelg is a
good word because it is a palindrome.
There are not a lot of them and I don’t think that there are any
locations that are palindromes.
 |
| Glenelg Tram |
 |
| Glenelg Looking from Jetty |
 |
| Monument Celebrating Centenary of Settlement in 1936 |
 |
| Notice Dolphin Silhouettes - All are like this |
The trip down to Glenelg was another surprise. On weekends in Adelaide, holders of Seniors
Cards travel free on public transport.
Also during weekdays they travel free between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm.
We were down in Glenelg yesterday afternoon and I reckon
there were more people around then than there were today. Good to walk around and easier to see what
was there. Being a seaside area we
decided that fish for lunch would be appropriate. The restaurant we had lunch had been the
champion or runner up fish shop for a number of years and the lunch proved
it. As well as the fish and chips we had
some salt and pepper squid and I reckon it was the best I have tasted. It melted in your mouth. It was not chewy like some squid/calamari I
have been served.
 |
| A Friend in Rundle Mall |
Adelaide is a beautiful city with a lot of old buildings
still in use. When we got to the city
today we parked in Frome Street which is close to both University of Adelaide
and South Australia University. Both
universities have campuses in the city and their buildings are of the older
variety. I suppose there are older
buildings in other cities but not so obvious.
 |
| SA Museum |
 |
| SA Museum |
Queensland University have some very good examples but they
are at the campus at St Lucia so the general public aren’t aware of them. So many buildings around here have got a lot
of character.
On our way back from the city Deb and I decided to follow
our noses and found quite a few older houses that have the thatched type
fences, even behind the caravan park there is a house called Carrick Hill which
is a period home that still has most of it’s contents intact and its grounds
undiminished. (I got that bit from the
web site).
 |
| Dry Stone Wall |
 |
| Shady Avenue |
 |
| Adelaide House |
 |
| House behind caravan park - Not Carrick Hill |
We’re off tomorrow to head towards the Great Ocean
Road. Haven’t decided exactly the route
as yet but will follow our noses east.
Deb and Den.
No comments:
Post a Comment