Thursday 17th, Friday 18th and
Saturday 19th November
Thursday
Left Apollo Bay today but headed back towards Lavers Hill
and Otway Fly Tree Top Adventures. This
is another treetop walk but for those who are a little bit more adventurous
there is a Zip Line Tour. This is where
there are a number of flying foxes set up where you move through the treetops
like a monkey. Deb and I weren’t adventurous,
we just did the tree top walk. It took
us about an hour.
 |
| Dinosaur in Under storey at Otway Fly Tree Top Adventures |
 |
| Dinosaur in Under storey at Otway Fly Tree Top Adventures |
 |
| Tower on Tree Top Walk |
After we left there we decided to turn left instead of right
as we have a want to do. It took us
towards Apollo Bay but on a nice dirt road about 20 km long. I enjoyed the journey, however I am not sure
about Deb. We went past a couple of
waterfalls but only where we didn't have to walk more than 3 kilometres.
 |
| Hopetoun Falls |
We had lunch back in Apollo Bay and then headed towards
Queenscliffe. The road along the coast
was absolutely spectacular. There was
something new around each turn and because the road was fairly windy the speed
of travel allowed you to view it all. I
reckon that we have a couple of hundred pictures to show for it. I would recommend the trip from one end of
the Great Ocean Road to the other.
 |
| Grand Pacific Hotel - Lourne |
 |
| House Build on a Cliff near eastern end of Great Ocean Road |
Friday
In Melbourne Today.
Got the ferry from Queenscliff to Sorrento and then headed to
Melbourne. The trip across the Port
Phillip Bay was really nice, beautiful day without too much wind. I reckon if there was a bit of a swell it
wouldn’t be a really nice experience.
There were about 40 cars and trucks on board. We were nearly the first off although we
weren’t the first on.
 |
| Ready to Go when Needed |
 |
| General Cargo Carrier on Port Philip Bay |
 |
| Another Way of Getting There |
 |
| Bathing Huts near Sorrento |
We travelled from Sorrento to Frankston along the coast road
then headed from Frankston to Melbourne on the highway. I can’t say I was impressed with the
traffic. We ended up on the toll-way and
the sensor in the car was beeping an awful lot as we passed under the
sensors. Don’t know what the bill will
be.
We went down to St Kilda to see the sea. We left the caravan park and the outside
temperature was 36 degrees which increased to 39 degrees before we got there. Just as we got there it became overcast with
a bit of a blow and within 10 minutes it
was down to about 25. It got even lower
before we got back to the park
 |
| Something We found at St Kilda |
We visited the Darebin RSL for dinner. The meals were nice, Deb had pork belly that
had been cooked for 8 hours and I had lambs shanks. I didn’t have to sign in because I was a
member of another sub-branch. I even got
cheaper drinks.
Off to Queen Victoria Markets tomorrow.
Saturday
Early to Queen Victoria Markets. It is pouring with rain today and cold. It was fortunate we left early because the
traffic wasn’t too bad. We were able to
get some good parking close to the markets, don’t know if it was because we
were early or because the weather wasn’t too good.
The markets seemed to have everything. There was a fruit and vegie area with
separate organic section, clothing, food court and a deli section containing
more meat, fish, cheese and bread than Melbourne could eat. A foodies delight.
 |
| Lots of Bread |
 |
| Butter for Andrew's Toast |
 |
| Terrine's of all Types |
I got myself a genuine imitation leather belt to replace the
one I have been wearing for years.
Thought about replacing it in Fremantle but thought it would last a few
more weeks. Hasn’t self-destructed yet
but is very close to it. We got some
fruit which was reasonably priced as well.
After the markets we went out to visit Ross and Mary
Chapman. Ross is a professor in the
Business School at Deakin University here in Melbourne. We had a really nice lunch and very pleasant
conversation which lasted the afternoon.
Time flew and we unfortunately had to take our leave late in the
afternoon.
 |
| There's not much they don't have |
Tomorrow we are heading home. At the present time we plan to head towards
Eden.
Deb and Den
No comments:
Post a Comment